Saturday 16 April 2016

Resuming the Course

About a year ago I came to decision that the painting degree pathway was not the right one for me. I withdrew as a degree student with the OCA with the intention of continuing as a leisure student. 

I though that without the added pressure of the deadlines for assessment, I would enjoy the course much more and that relaxation would be more conducive to creativity. Unfortunately, what happened instead was that the reduction in urgency resulted in my studies becoming a lower priority. I essentially ground to a halt due to lack of both internal and external motivation to get it done.

Recently, the OCA has introduced two new degree pathways, namely the Fine Art and Drawing pathways. Since drawing is my passion, I have decided to re-enrol on one of these pathways as soon as the new level one drawing course is released.

In the meantime I will try to get as much as possible out of the remainder of this course in the next 4-5 months before my tuition expires.

My next few blog post relate to part two of the course which I had almost completed before I stopped but hadn't written up. I'll have to try to remember what my thought processes were all those months ago.

Oh well - onwards and upwards .......

No comments:

Post a Comment